Evolutionary Trends in Embedded System Design
In every day of our life, we will meet with a lot of embedded system devices. It can be either a cell phone, a smart card, a music player, a router or the electronics in the automotive _ all these devices touching and changing our lives like never before. If someone asks us to explain about embedded systems we can answer them like, it is a combination of computer hardware, software and other supporting technical components with all which is designed to perform a dedicated task.
Recent Trends in Embedded Systems:
The below given are the trends in embedded systems.
Multi-core Processors :
For quite a long time we are familiar and using widespread 8-bit controllers for powering a lot of embedded applications. Like in automotive, home appliances, etc. For the better or higher the performance we can upgrade to 16-bit controllers or 32-bit controllers to use in cell phone and media players.
By the evolution o the micro-controllers from 8bit to 32bit, there were no challenges or programming changes in the architecture of controllers. But it is a challenge when a transition to a multi-threaded architecture. So multi-core programming requires a change in embedded applications. Like, developers need to change systems architecture, design, debugging, testing to get the best from these systems.
In the embedded systems industry, embedded devices were operating as stand-alone systems. But by the invention of wireless connectivity, the scenario got changed. We are connecting the devices with wireless protocols to transmit and receive data. For this purpose we are using short-range protocols like Bluetooth, Zigbee, RFID, etc. and long-range protocols like Wireless Local Area Network(WLAN), WiMAX, long-term evolution(LTE)Etc.
SoC Architectures :
SoC architecture means a system on chip architecture. For the low-cost applications device, there are a lot of developments are happening in the architecture of wireless devices. For this good improvement are happening in this direction are the integration of microcontrollers with radio modem in 64 pin configuration microcontrollers. Similar devices are available in the respective market also.
Power Consumption :
Another main change researchers want in this field is to reduce the power consumption. For that, they are looking forward to making the device, which should remain in sleep mode when it is not doing anything. That means when the in the “sense and transmit” the sensing will be scheduled. So whenever the device wants to sense then only it becomes active. Rest of the time (for more than 99% of the time)it can go under sleep mode. This period current consumption will be 1-2microA.
Increased Use of Open Source Technology :
In older days, the embedded system was employed with hardware, software, communication protocols and their own built operating systems for their development. Because the payment for the license of operating systems is high.
But now the scenario is changing, we are able to get operating systems freely. Free in the sense of there are a lot of open sources operating systems are coming so we can use it for our product development. For example Embedded Linux. Embedded Linux licensed and a free version still remains a good choice for a lot of developers.
As the increase in the world of interconnected the security also became a problem for embedded devices. Now everything we are doing with the ease of internet only so all the required data we are sharing on the internet and related devices. The security requirements depend on memory, its middleware, and low computing power. Embedded security is the new important matter among embedded devices. The improvement in the field of embedded security will matter on embedded encryption, trusted computing, cryptology, authentication.
Smart Devices :
When we hear the “smart first thing ” we will remember smartphones. Nowadays we can do all our works on mobile. Machine to machine communication(m2m) has been used for the remote applications. Now we are using the machine to machine communication for the new applications with the help of IOT, where communication between the devices is on the internet only. Most of this kind of applications are happening on mobile based products only.
Our Embedded Training Institute in Bangalore :
So the topics what we have explained or discussed here are already have implemented on the design of firmware development, hardware, marketing of the embedded devices. There are lot researchers are working on all of these concepts to give much better n better results for the coming future. So, students who are looking for a career in the embedded systems field, they can build a bright future in this field. Embedded systems industry have a lot of other industries or in all most every industry we can give a touch of embedded systems. There are a lot of embedded systems training institutes in Bangalore or other cities of India. To find out best-embedded systems courses from fields is depends on your interest in the same. We Professional training institute giving industrial technology-oriented embedded training program in Bangalore. We giving a free career development counseling for those who are interested in this field.
More Tags: embedded Linux training in Bangalore | embedded training institutes in Bangalore | embedded systems training in Bangalore | top embedded training institutes in Bangalore | list of embedded systems companies in Bangalore | embedded systems courses in Bangalore
How Much Does an Embedded Systems Engineer Make?
Introduction to Embedded System Basics and Applications:
Embedded System Hardware:
- Power supply.
- Input and output circuits.
- System application specific circuit.
- Parallel communication ports.
- Serial communication ports.
Embedded system software:
- Accessibility of processor’s speed
- When the embedded system runs continually, there is a requirement to limit power dissipation for activities like run, stop and wake up.
- The convenience of system memory.
Characteristics of Embedded systems:
- All the systems have boundaries on design metrics, but those can be obtained. Design metric is a portion of an execution features like size, cost, power and also performance and the embedded system meets all design constraints.
- The embedded systems continually react to variations in the system and them also calculate specific results in real time without any delay
- It performs operation very fast enough and so it consumes less power that can increase battery life.
- An Embedded system is integrated with hardware and software where the hardware is used for a security and performance and Software is used for more features and flexibility.
- The embedded system is based on a microcontroller or microprocessor.
- Embedded system contains memory, as its software normally inserts in ROM.so system does not need any secondary memories in the PC.
- To connect input & output devices the embedded system consist of peripherals.
Applications of embedded systems:
- Embedded Systems in digital consumer electronics include DVDs, set-top boxes, high definition TVs and digital cameras.
- Embedded Systems also used in satellites and missiles contain defense, communication, and aerospace.
- Embedded systems are used in telecommunications which include mobile computing, networking, and wireless communications, etc.
- Embedded systems applications in computer networking & peripherals contain image processing, networking systems, printers, network cards, monitors and displays.
Get to know more about Embedded system with Professional Training Institute.
More Tags: embedded training in Bangalore | embedded systems training in Bangalore | embedded systems courses in Bangalore | top embedded training institutes in Bangalore | embedded Linux training in Bangalore
Best Certification Courses in Embedded Systems and IOT Training
Embedded Systems Training – Intermediate:
Intermediate level training usually will include,
- C/Embedded C,
- Data structures programming,
- Microcontroller programming,
- Operating systems concepts
Embedded Systems – Advanced :
- Embedded systems programming using Advanced C and Data Structures.
- Course on Linux and Networking.
- Micro-controllers (8051 and PIC) programming.
- Linux device drivers.
- Embedded Linux on ARM9.
Embedded Systems Training Institutes in Bangalore are giving training in IOT.
- Overview of IoT and its high-level architecture
- Setting up IoT workflow
- Programming with Advanced C / Embedded C
- using Arduino Micro-controller programming
- Python Programming
- Building IoT Application projects using Raspberry Pi
- IoT Protocols: HTTP, CoAP, MQTT, AMQP, 6LoWPAN…
- IoT Cloud Infrastructure
- Performance and Security in IoT
Embedded Android System Development:
- Embedded Linux operating system architecture
- Linux-based embedded system component stack
- Linux kernel modules
- System configuration and the boot process
- Communication between kernel space and user space
- System debugging and profiling.
Future Scope on Embedded System
The scope of Embedded systems in different technologies has more job opportunities in India other countries to like shown below.
- Wearable Technology
- Self-driving cars
- Energy Systems
- Knowledge in Digital Electronics and Analog electronics.
- Good understanding of Microprocessor/Microcontroller architecture.
- Working on Embedded C for the devices like 8051, ARM or any other.
- Knowledge of Linux kernel and Operating system.
- Any Scripting language Shell/Python.
- Debugging tools like JTAG debugger, Familiar with Test instruments like CRO and Logic Analyzer.
- Familiar with protocols like I2c, SPI, and UART.
A lot of career opportunities are available in embedded systems. Some of them are as follows:
- Embedded Software Engineer (firmware)
- System Software Engineer (kernel & RTOS)
- Application Software Engineer (device drivers)
- Software Test Engineer.
- Embedded Hardware Engineer.
- Embedded System Trainer.
- Marketing & Sales Executive.
Know More Embedded Systems Training in Bangalore:
Currently, a Huge number of embedded training institute is offering embedded system classes but all of them not offering dedicated classes. It means theory class only provided not go with the practical class. In Professional Training Institutes, we are conducting classes around 80% practical classes only So learned the embedded system in a short period beside have a one-month demo class. Join demo classes immediately