Sensors and Embedded Systems in the Internet of Things
- Pressure/ force sensor.
- Humidity sensor.
- Temperature sensor.
- Ambient light or optical sensor.
- Acoustic sensor.
- Level/ flow sensor/leakage sensor.
- Chemical/radiation /gas sensors.
- Acceleration/Motion Sensor.
- Unlocked/locked sensors.
- Magnetic/electrical sensors.
Evolutionary Trends in Embedded System Design
In every day of our life, we will meet with a lot of embedded system devices. It can be either a cell phone, a smart card, a music player, a router or the electronics in the automotive _ all these devices touching and changing our lives like never before. If someone asks us to explain about embedded systems we can answer them like, it is a combination of computer hardware, software and other supporting technical components with all which is designed to perform a dedicated task.
Recent Trends in Embedded Systems:
The below given are the trends in embedded systems.
Multi-core Processors :
For quite a long time we are familiar and using widespread 8-bit controllers for powering a lot of embedded applications. Like in automotive, home appliances, etc. For the better or higher the performance we can upgrade to 16-bit controllers or 32-bit controllers to use in cell phone and media players.
By the evolution o the micro-controllers from 8bit to 32bit, there were no challenges or programming changes in the architecture of controllers. But it is a challenge when a transition to a multi-threaded architecture. So multi-core programming requires a change in embedded applications. Like, developers need to change systems architecture, design, debugging, testing to get the best from these systems.
In the embedded systems industry, embedded devices were operating as stand-alone systems. But by the invention of wireless connectivity, the scenario got changed. We are connecting the devices with wireless protocols to transmit and receive data. For this purpose we are using short-range protocols like Bluetooth, Zigbee, RFID, etc. and long-range protocols like Wireless Local Area Network(WLAN), WiMAX, long-term evolution(LTE)Etc.
SoC Architectures :
SoC architecture means a system on chip architecture. For the low-cost applications device, there are a lot of developments are happening in the architecture of wireless devices. For this good improvement are happening in this direction are the integration of microcontrollers with radio modem in 64 pin configuration microcontrollers. Similar devices are available in the respective market also.
Power Consumption :
Another main change researchers want in this field is to reduce the power consumption. For that, they are looking forward to making the device, which should remain in sleep mode when it is not doing anything. That means when the in the “sense and transmit” the sensing will be scheduled. So whenever the device wants to sense then only it becomes active. Rest of the time (for more than 99% of the time)it can go under sleep mode. This period current consumption will be 1-2microA.
Increased Use of Open Source Technology :
In older days, the embedded system was employed with hardware, software, communication protocols and their own built operating systems for their development. Because the payment for the license of operating systems is high.
But now the scenario is changing, we are able to get operating systems freely. Free in the sense of there are a lot of open sources operating systems are coming so we can use it for our product development. For example Embedded Linux. Embedded Linux licensed and a free version still remains a good choice for a lot of developers.
As the increase in the world of interconnected the security also became a problem for embedded devices. Now everything we are doing with the ease of internet only so all the required data we are sharing on the internet and related devices. The security requirements depend on memory, its middleware, and low computing power. Embedded security is the new important matter among embedded devices. The improvement in the field of embedded security will matter on embedded encryption, trusted computing, cryptology, authentication.
Smart Devices :
When we hear the “smart first thing ” we will remember smartphones. Nowadays we can do all our works on mobile. Machine to machine communication(m2m) has been used for the remote applications. Now we are using the machine to machine communication for the new applications with the help of IOT, where communication between the devices is on the internet only. Most of this kind of applications are happening on mobile based products only.
Our Embedded Training Institute in Bangalore :
So the topics what we have explained or discussed here are already have implemented on the design of firmware development, hardware, marketing of the embedded devices. There are lot researchers are working on all of these concepts to give much better n better results for the coming future. So, students who are looking for a career in the embedded systems field, they can build a bright future in this field. Embedded systems industry have a lot of other industries or in all most every industry we can give a touch of embedded systems. There are a lot of embedded systems training institutes in Bangalore or other cities of India. To find out best-embedded systems courses from fields is depends on your interest in the same. We Professional training institute giving industrial technology-oriented embedded training program in Bangalore. We giving a free career development counseling for those who are interested in this field.
More Tags: embedded Linux training in Bangalore | embedded training institutes in Bangalore | embedded systems training in Bangalore | top embedded training institutes in Bangalore | list of embedded systems companies in Bangalore | embedded systems courses in Bangalore
How Much Does an Embedded Systems Engineer Make?
Introduction to Embedded System Basics and Applications:
Embedded System Hardware:
- Power supply.
- Input and output circuits.
- System application specific circuit.
- Parallel communication ports.
- Serial communication ports.
Embedded system software:
- Accessibility of processor’s speed
- When the embedded system runs continually, there is a requirement to limit power dissipation for activities like run, stop and wake up.
- The convenience of system memory.
Characteristics of Embedded systems:
- All the systems have boundaries on design metrics, but those can be obtained. Design metric is a portion of an execution features like size, cost, power and also performance and the embedded system meets all design constraints.
- The embedded systems continually react to variations in the system and them also calculate specific results in real time without any delay
- It performs operation very fast enough and so it consumes less power that can increase battery life.
- An Embedded system is integrated with hardware and software where the hardware is used for a security and performance and Software is used for more features and flexibility.
- The embedded system is based on a microcontroller or microprocessor.
- Embedded system contains memory, as its software normally inserts in ROM.so system does not need any secondary memories in the PC.
- To connect input & output devices the embedded system consist of peripherals.
Applications of embedded systems:
- Embedded Systems in digital consumer electronics include DVDs, set-top boxes, high definition TVs and digital cameras.
- Embedded Systems also used in satellites and missiles contain defense, communication, and aerospace.
- Embedded systems are used in telecommunications which include mobile computing, networking, and wireless communications, etc.
- Embedded systems applications in computer networking & peripherals contain image processing, networking systems, printers, network cards, monitors and displays.
Get to know more about Embedded system with Professional Training Institute.
More Tags: embedded training in Bangalore | embedded systems training in Bangalore | embedded systems courses in Bangalore | top embedded training institutes in Bangalore | embedded Linux training in Bangalore
Best Certification Courses in Embedded Systems and IOT Training
Embedded Systems Training – Intermediate:
Intermediate level training usually will include,
- C/Embedded C,
- Data structures programming,
- Microcontroller programming,
- Operating systems concepts
Embedded Systems – Advanced :
- Embedded systems programming using Advanced C and Data Structures.
- Course on Linux and Networking.
- Micro-controllers (8051 and PIC) programming.
- Linux device drivers.
- Embedded Linux on ARM9.
Embedded Systems Training Institutes in Bangalore are giving training in IOT.
- Overview of IoT and its high-level architecture
- Setting up IoT workflow
- Programming with Advanced C / Embedded C
- using Arduino Micro-controller programming
- Python Programming
- Building IoT Application projects using Raspberry Pi
- IoT Protocols: HTTP, CoAP, MQTT, AMQP, 6LoWPAN…
- IoT Cloud Infrastructure
- Performance and Security in IoT
Embedded Android System Development:
- Embedded Linux operating system architecture
- Linux-based embedded system component stack
- Linux kernel modules
- System configuration and the boot process
- Communication between kernel space and user space
- System debugging and profiling.
Future Scope on Embedded System
The scope of Embedded systems in different technologies has more job opportunities in India other countries to like shown below.
- Wearable Technology
- Self-driving cars
- Energy Systems
- Knowledge in Digital Electronics and Analog electronics.
- Good understanding of Microprocessor/Microcontroller architecture.
- Working on Embedded C for the devices like 8051, ARM or any other.
- Knowledge of Linux kernel and Operating system.
- Any Scripting language Shell/Python.
- Debugging tools like JTAG debugger, Familiar with Test instruments like CRO and Logic Analyzer.
- Familiar with protocols like I2c, SPI, and UART.
A lot of career opportunities are available in embedded systems. Some of them are as follows:
- Embedded Software Engineer (firmware)
- System Software Engineer (kernel & RTOS)
- Application Software Engineer (device drivers)
- Software Test Engineer.
- Embedded Hardware Engineer.
- Embedded System Trainer.
- Marketing & Sales Executive.
Know More Embedded Systems Training in Bangalore:
Currently, a Huge number of embedded training institute is offering embedded system classes but all of them not offering dedicated classes. It means theory class only provided not go with the practical class. In Professional Training Institutes, we are conducting classes around 80% practical classes only So learned the embedded system in a short period beside have a one-month demo class. Join demo classes immediately
The Significance of Embedded System in IoT
Internet of Things:
Better battery life:
Easy to use:
What role do embedded systems play in artificial intelligence?
Artificial Neural Network:
Natural Language Process:
Natural Language refers to an Artificial intelligence, it is a method to be communicating with the natural language like English. The processing of the natural language will be required for an intelligent system to understand and processor perform the tasks given by the humans.
The development of embedded Artificial intelligence will be made increasingly simpler with the advanced enterprise of Artificial Intelligence microservices. Embedded systems have reached a certain level of ‘smartness’. More and smarter devices are being introduced on every month. The development of embedded Artificial intelligence will be made increasingly simpler with the advanced technology of Artificial Intelligence microservices. We are already at a point where artificial intelligence is a basic form that has found in a way that the heart of the AI is embedded
How Embedded Systems Impact Your Everyday Life:
- Standalone Embedded Systems – In this systems, that can work by themselves, in other words, they are self-sufficient, the processing and work are done by themselves. Examples include video game consoles, Music players and Micro ovens.
- Real-time Embedded Systems- where the embedded systems give an output within a specific time is called a Real-time Embedded System. They further classified into soft real-time and hard real-time embedded systems.
- Networked embedded systems – If an embedded system is connected to a network and their functioning is depended on their network is called Networked Embedded Systems. Examples include security systems and sensor systems.
- Mobile Embedded systems- The embedded system is meant for mobile communication are called Mobile embedded system and this includes mobile phones and tablets which is used for a functioning like calling internet etc.,
Here some advantages of Embedded systems are
- There is no need to update the hardware
- Concentration on user applications.
- The flexibility of operating system requirements.
- It occupies less area and low memory. So, it consumes less power.
- Cost- Effective.
Where we used the Embedded Systems?
- Consumer electronics – Mobile phones, video game consoles, printers, Blu-Ray players, home entertainment systems, televisions, digital cameras, music players.
- Household appliances – Washing machines, microwave ovens, refrigerators, dishwashers, air conditioners
- Medical equipment – CT Scanners, Electrocardiogram (ECG), MRI Scanners, blood pressure monitors, heartbeat monitors
- Automobiles – Electronic fuel injection systems, Car navigation system, Anti-lock braking systems(ABS), Pre-crash safety system, in-vehicle entertainment systems, air-conditioner controls.
- Industrial applications – Assembly lines, multiple parameter monitoring systems, feedback systems, data collection systems Aerospace – Navigation systems, guidance systems, GPS Communications – Routers, network hubs, satellite phones.
About A Professional Embedded Systems Training in Bangalore
Best Embedded Training Institutes in Bangalore
Embedded system is one of the very important fields where Electronics, the student can work. This embedded systems filed is having the very waste opening and till now never had the recession in this filed. Salary in the embedded filed is very high, normally 6-7 years candidate is easily crossing 10 LPA if He/she is having knowledge.
About the Best Embedded Training Institutes in Bangalore
Before we go into deeper into embedded system let me introduce who we are? What do we do?
We are the top authorized embedded system training institutions in Bangalore, we are Professional Training Institute, A practice of the best Embedded training in Bangalore our organization is run by Yogesh Kumar Sharma, he is having 15+ years in an embedded development and Master in embedded design from Manipal University. While working He was taking interview of many candidates and found that very fewer candidates are having proper knowledge or understanding of the embedded system, the full life they are struggling to get a good job, even many are struggling to have the start of the job.
With the motive to help student until they are not getting the job, this training institute is started. Here mainly we focus on practical learning of embedded system/C/Linux etc. our student is capable to face any kind of interview with full confidence. We not only focus on technical knowledge but we also work on communication skills, motivational environments, logical thinking, accept a new challenge.
About the Embedded Systems Courses in Bangalore
The essential things to learn about the embedded system programming. An embedded system is a combination of both hardware and software, the embedded system relies heavily on the program so itis necessary to the programming basics.
In our Professional Training Institute, we are going to teach about the full contents of embedded systems and we will mainly focus on the Practical and theoretical knowledge on the advanced level of Embedded system. We will take care of getting good knowledge on Embedded system by giving multiple examples and providing more number of questions to be practiced.
First, we will teach about the basic electronics, digital electronics and then we will focus Microcontroller because microcontroller is the heart of the Embedded system. In microcontroller we will be covered about the Architecture of 8051, Pin description of 8051, General purpose registers, special function registers, addressing modes and etc.,
We also focus on programming the microcontroller like small tasks such as blinking the led with the help of the microcontroller, programming the controller while interfacing the seven segment display, interfacing with LCD and Keypad and the DC motors.
By interfacing, different devices will train the students by giving multiple tasks and also we can do small projects by combining all of these devices. The student can easily interface the controller with other devices and can control all that devices by programming.
Then we will be focused on the communication and Protocols such as I2C which will interface to PC read/write byte/string by using Keil application like-wise interfacing SPI to RTC, etc…
Once the student understands the embedded system completely then we move to ARM cortex core. We normally use STM32F for training purpose. We give guidance to the student how to use this controller and assign the project on this microcontroller.
After this, we will be focused on the Wireless Modules such programming with the GSM, GPS, RF, IR wireless module, Bluetooth, RFID, WIFI and ZigBee Modules. So using this module we can control the devices like Motors, sensors etc., with the help of programming.
Now the student is having enough knowledge to make any kinds of embedded project, we just start assigning them small to mid-level projects, based on individual capability. Our student is ready to face any kind of interview in the Embedded system.